Dear DonorScape® Community:
As many of you begin a new program year, we, too, are in a launching phase. We have undertaken several projects to improve your DonorScape® experience and are excited to share them with you.
- New Support Site. We are pleased to announce the launch of our new DonorScape® support site, complete with keyword search capability and archives of our training webinars.
- Expanded Webinar Training Series. Building on the positive response we received from this summer’s technical webinar training programs, we are launching a new training series on applying your GG+A ratings. Registration is free, and all registrants receive a complimentary recording of the session as well as instructional support materials. See our upcoming schedule and register for sessions online.
- Faster Querying. We have conducted several back-end enhancements to increase Custom Query speed. On October 16, 2011 we will be phasing out the “OR” operator in the Custom Query function. This should not impact your ability to query for multiple factors at once. We have found that most “OR” queries can be written more efficiently using the “IN” operator. Kat Banakis recently posted a blog entry about writing efficient queries and is available for any query help you might need. All saved queries that used the “OR” connector in the past will remain accessible, but new queries will not have “OR” as an option.
- Donor Analytics Blog. Members of the DonorScape® team post a blog entry each week to spark conversation around topics of wealth screening and prospect analysis and research. Recent topics include privacy, visual presentation of data, and first steps in verification. We welcome your participation.
- Improved Ratings. Using a more refined formula and improved demographic data, we have drastically reduced the number of records that receive a Gift Capacity Rating of “9/Insufficient Public Wealth Data.” For some accounts, these steps have reduced the number of records categorized as “Insufficient Public Wealth Data” from upwards of 40% to less than 1%. The records receive Gift Capacity Ratings indicative of their ability to give. Contact your DonorScape® sales consultant for more information.
- Rating Cheat Sheets. Printed information cards are now available to keep all of the GG+A ratings in one convenient, color-coded place. As a thank you for your work with us, we would be happy to send you and your team as many complimentary cards as you need. Please send us an email and we will ship the rating sheets to you.
We hope you find these new resources and site enhancements beneficial and want to thank you for being part of the DonorScape® community. We look forward to partnering with you in the future to support your work in prospect research and development.
Vice President, Analytical Services
Manager, Client Engagement and Support