Since the beginning, Our Mission was and continues to be Advancing Yours
Born out of GG+A’s extensive experience in nonprofit fundraising, DonorScape® was originally created to facilitate our consultants’ efforts to maximize philanthropic performance through evidence-based decisions. DonorScape now has the capabilities to be used independently as well as serve our consultants. DonorScape has screened over 500 million donor records across more than 1,000 institutions to develop our philanthropic screening and modeling tools. We use these tools, which rely on hundreds of data points from publicly available databases and a proprietary algorithm, to identify the characteristics of your institution’s most reliable donors and to expand its pool of high-capacity, high-propensity prospects.
In 1986, we launched Prospect Profile to help our clients predict their most likely major prospects. Its purpose was to help clients more efficiently identify the most likely donors with the resources to give major gifts. It was GG+A’s goal to provide these nonprofits with a tool with which they could continue supporting their worthy missions.
In late 2002, we began a series of additional upgrades. We enhanced the software by developing a function that assigned ratings to prospects based on their capacity and likelihood to make major and annual gifts, as well as to participate in planned giving. We also added philanthropic screening to the suite of services and called the resulting combined product Prospect Builder. We further invested to provide our clients more powerful data and insights. Prospect Builder now included several additional functions that independently measured wealth. Again, GG+A decided to expand their database and resolved to create a superior product.
In 2004, GG+A created “Prospect Explorer.” The product included a number of industry firsts:
- it was live and online instead of requiring offline data downloads and uploads
- it had adjustable match logic to ensure data integrity and reliability
- it combined screening large files with single name look-ups in one environment
- it allowed express uploads which enabled clients to upload large quantities of donors in a condensed amount of time
- the rating assessed gift capacity rather than net worth. The new software took off quickly, and we deepened our commitment to developing the product based on client feedback and ensuring quality customer care and support. In 2006, we re-branded Prospect Explorer as DonorScape to represent our increasingly nuanced understanding of donors and the philanthropic landscape.
Since then, DonorScape has continued to evolve. We added data sources to report philanthropic giving behavior and now offer predictive modeling services—all on the same platform. DonorScape will continue to serve clients and provide them with the very best in philanthropic screening.